
It's been 7 months since our son, Carter John was born. What a whirl-wind of emotions, fun, laughter and tears. The time has flown so quickly and Cary said to me last night "Can you believe how quickly the past 7 months have gone? I mean, if you had gotten pregnant as soon as Carter was born, we could almost have another baby again." That really made it hit home for me. I'd say that parenthood is not what I expected it to be. It's better in many ways and harder in some ways too. I thought that it would be a breeze since I'd spent so many Saturday nights and summer days babysitting throughout the years. But having one of your own is a unique experience. I fell in love with this little boy the minute he was born. He had the cutest dimple in his chin that reminded me of his dad, and he had eyelashes that girls would die for. A few scary days in the
NICU made me love him even more...I was just so scared that we wouldn't be able to bring him home. But now, 7 months later, I love him more than ever. I love his smile. I love the way he pulls my hair to bring my face closer to his. I love the way he jumps up and down in his bouncer. I love the way he smiles when his daddy or I walk into the room. I love the way he gets up on all fours in his crib when we come into his room in the morning. I love how he looks at his airplane mobile and tries to touch it. I love how he grabs Maddie's fur and laughs as she tries to get away. I love how he reaches for his bottle and shoves it into his mouth like he hasn't eaten in days. I love how he gets into a crawling position and tries so hard to get to any electronics in reach - the TV, the remote, the phone. I love how everything...and I mean everything...that he touches goes straight into his mouth. I love how he smiles at people on command (when someone says "hi little guy" or "you're so cute" he flashes them the biggest smile....he's already a flirt!). I love how he rubs his eyes and grabs his ears when he's tired. I love how stubborn he can be....especially when I'm changing his diaper and he doesn't want to lay on his back. I love so much about this little guy and I've only known him for 7 months. It's amazing how our family has changed....and we're loving every minute of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment