Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Life on the Farm!

Cary left for LA on Wednesday for a "Guys' Weekend." Although I was dreading having him gone for 4 days, Carter and I had a great time. On Thursday, Carter went to Joey and Maddox's house to play while I went to the movie "The Women" with my friends Amy and Lauren. Aunt Holly even brought Carter back to our house at 8:00 for his regular bedtime. On Friday, Carter and I just played around the house and ran a few errands. We stopped by St. Augustin so we could tell Kelly Grabe happy birthday. Then we headed for Guthrie Center. I really wanted to be there before Mom's school dismissed at 3:30. We pulled into town at 3:00 and so Carter visited his second school that day. Mom's teacher friends and students liked seeing him, I think. And Carter was such a ham. He was waving to all of the kids, smiling and laughing at them, and reaching for my mom. She ate it up!
The rest of the weekend was spent with Mom and Dad on the "farm"...as they like to call it. I was exhausted from Carter not sleeping well on Thursday night, so I took a nap Friday afternoon. When I woke up, Mom had Carter on the lawn mower...and he LOVED it! The "tractor" rides continued throughout the weekend. Saturday was a great day too. Mom, Carter and I went shopping at some little stores in the Guthrie area....mostly Grimes and Panora. Then in the late afternoon, Andy, Julie and Katelyn came over for dinner. We just grilled out, drank lemonades with peach schnapps (my mom's new favorite drink...she never drinks so it's really funny that she likes these so much), and watched the kids play. Carter and Katelyn love each other and play really well together. Kate is talking so much more now and kept talking about Cary being "up" (in an airplane). My grandparents came over too and played with both Carter and Kate. By the time everyone left, it was almost Carter's bedtime. It was really just a nice, relaxing day with the Priestley fam.
Sunday morning we tried to take Carter to church. Mom always talks about all of the little kids at church and she really wanted everyone to see Carter. Well we didn't even make it to the sermon. It was his naptime and he was crabby. We ended up leaving (I have never done that) and put him down for a nap. I then drove to Omaha to meet my great friend Jess and to pick Cary up from the airport. Jess, her mom, and I had brunch and then went to Francesa's (http://www.francescascollections.com/) ...a store that Jess introduced me to and that has adorable stuff. After some shopping and talking, I then picked Cary up at the airport. We spent the drive home talking about the play-by-play of his weekend. They had an awesome time...too bad he was on crutches though. Once we'd picked Carter up and headed home, it was back to reality - getting groceries, doing laundry, making dinner, etc. Boy do I love the weekend!
Here are some pictures of the weekend. Carter with great-grandpa and great-grandma Sorensen, Grandpa Bill, Grandma Marcia, and Katelyn. What's up with Carter's tongue sticking out in EVERY picture?????

No comments: