I wanted some fall pictures of Carter so I dressed him in his new shirt and jeans - even though it was 80 degrees out, and followed him around with a camera. I needed some seasonal photos to incorporate into my seasonal decor, of course! Here are the two frame-able photos I got:
On Monday, we hosted Feast, a dinner group that my friend Angie and I started at our church. All 20-30 somethings from St. Mark are invited to attend and we take turns hosting in our homes. This week was the largest turn-out we've had and the theme was tailgating! Although I was excited to host, I got a little nervous as the RSVP's kept coming in. The guest list was at almost 30 and so Cary and I began to brainstorm how we were going to make room for that many people to eat dinner. We ended up setting up another table on our deck and also put the food on a table on the other side of our deck. Everyone sat outside for most of the evening and although it was crowded, it was alot of fun! Several couples backed-out at the last minute and so we ended up with 20 people. Here are just a few pictures from the night.
Despite the fact that Michigan was playing football this morning at 11:00, Cary and I decided to spend our Saturday morning on a fun family outing (I know, I know...totally a sacrifice on my part). We started at Mimi's Cafe for breakfast, made a quick stop at Costco, and then headed toward Center Grove Orchard in Cambridge. We had gone to several nearby orchards last year, but according to Joe and Holly, this one was the best! On the way, Carter nodded off, and so Cary took a detour. We ended up at an awesome ski lake in Huxley and Cary was in heaven! There was a big event going on and so we sat and watched a few skiers and dreamed about living in place just like it. Maybe someday... Eventually we found our way to the orchard and we were so impressed! There were tons of fun things for Carter to do - a corn pool with a slide, hay-rack rides, kiddie choo-choo train, jumping pillow, hay-bale maze, animals to feed, the three little pigs' houses, and lots of good food! Carter loved sliding into the corn pool and wanted to do it again and again. He liked the train the first time around - but after that he was done! He liked the hay maze but didn't like that he could hear Daddy but couldn't see him. He loved feeding the goats and didn't love getting pecked by a chicken. The straw house from The Three Little Pigs was his favorite - but he didn't want anyone else to be in there with him! He liked jumping on the big trampoline-like pillow, but only if Mommy was holding him. And he LOVED the apple pie and ice cream! It was a great way to spend the morning and we left with a worn-out little boy and not one apple!
1 comment:
You are busting out fall activities early! I'm jealous! Turtlenecks, here I come!
Post a Comment