...is my last full week at home before school starts. I imagined numerous trips to the pool, Ashby Park, the zoo, Backyard Adventures, the library, and mall play place. After all, that's how we roll around here. All summer long we've gone somewhere between Brynn's two naps. Almost every day I've loaded up the kids, packed up the diaper bag, maybe called a friend to meet us, and spent the hours between 11:00 and 1:00 doing something outside of our house. In fact, many nights Carter will ask me "Where are we going when I wake up?"
This week was a little different though. Brynn was under the weather...not keeping food down, crying often, and just wanting to be held. So this week we have really just stayed home. We didn't go to the pool or to Backyard Adventures. We didn't meet up with any friends. It was just the three of us all day, hanging out in our living room, playing in the backyard, snuggling on the couch watching movies, and taking walks to our neighborhood park. And actually, it has been so, so nice. Since the weather has been wonderful, I've had the windows open, letting in the sweet sounds of summer. I have fresh flowers in a vase on the table and have started a new book. I have a little girl constantly laying her head on my shoulder, and a little boy who has played so nicely with his trains. This last week of summer isn't what I'd pictured...but despite Brynn not feeling well, it's just been just what we needed. A slower pace and ample time for me to love on my kids. A great way to enjoy these precious last days before the back-to-school chaos begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment