Monday, December 16, 2013

December Update

Oh boy, time has gotten away from me and I've been terrible about updating my blog.  Here's a quick update on life around our house...

-Thanksgiving was great!  We spent Thanksgiving day at Grandma Farm's with Kyle and Emily, Cary's parents, and Tony and Kelly's family.  It was a nice relaxing day with lots of good food!  We took the kids to the movie "Frozen" on Friday night which was cute.  Saturday was spent in Guthrie with my family.  Another great day with a ton of food and lots of playtime with the cousins.  We even got to check out the Christmas light display at the park.

-Carter is still playing basketball and is improving bit by bit.  He loves being on a team and is getting a little more confident in his skills.

-We've been surrounded by sickness the last couple of weeks.  Brynn had a terrible cold, which I caught and hung on to for a good ten days.  Carter ended up with a stomach bug that was on and off for a week, and now Cary isn't feeling well.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll be healthy for the holidays next week.

-I spent the first weekend in December in Minneapolis with a fun group of girls.  My friends Kelly and Ellie and I drove up Friday morning and met my friend Amy at the mall.  We shopped, had lunch, and then met up with Amy's sister Lynn and my sister-in-law Kelly.  After dinner and a movie, we stayed up late chatting, had breakfast and pedicures in the morning, followed by even more shopping.  It couldn't have been a better weekend.  Cary did great with the kids but I think they were happy to have mom home!

-The final Brava performance is this week and is upping my stress factor.  I feel like the girls aren't at all prepared this time and I feel really nervous about how the show is going to go.  I'm hoping that all of the parents will help their girls with their lines this week and I'll be pleasantly surprised on Thursday.  Now I'm working on programs and ordering flowers for the girls and all of the last-minute prep.

-Alicia's wedding is this weekend and I'm so excited for her!  She deserves the very best and I can't wait for her to have this special day!! I'm a bridesmaid in the wedding so I get to help decorate on Friday and spend all day Saturday celebrating she and Jeff.  It's going to be a great weekend!!

-We had Christmas with Cary's family this past Saturday.  It was a really fun evening with great homemade pasta and lots of presents.  The kids had a great time playing together, wrestling, jumping on the bed, and trying out their new toys.  The adults had fun catching up, having a few cocktails, and just laughing together.  It's always one of my favorite Christmas parties and it's kind of nice to have it before all of the holiday commotion.  Unfortunately, several family members are dealing with the stomach flu today and so I'm afraid that might be the gift that keeps on giving this week.  I. Can't. Get. Sick....see my last two bullet-points about Brava and Alicia's wedding.  Thinking good thoughts about good health and saying lots of prayers.

-Bring on the holiday madness.  Ready or not, it's almost here!  :)

No comments: