Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Moments

It's been a COLD January.  We've had several school delays and have even missed a day or two of school.  It's been too cold to be outside...ever.  But we've kept busy and have had a really fun month. Here's a whole bunch of photos from my phone.  Nothing too exciting, but just little moments from our life this past month.
Brynn has been pretty darn cute recently.  She's Miss Personality and likes to pose for photos.  She still likes to play with babies and dress-up clothes, but she and Carter also have been building a ton of forts and playing "Disney World."  They're both really excited for our trip there in late February. 
At school, students can fill out notes for me and leave them in my mailbox.  This is how I know what students need to be seen for various issues.  I found this note in my mailbox a couple of weeks ago.  It says "My name is Carter, My teacher is Mrs. Laird, Grade K, with a Lunch Problem."  Oh my.  He asked one of the teachers if he could leave me a note, even though I'm his mom.  I helped solve this particular problem with a big hug and little pep talk about being assertive.  :)  
Due to a joint Coppola family 40th birthday party, we had to miss Katelyn's 7th birthday party.  To make it up to her, we had both girls spend the night one Saturday night.  We had pizza, presents, cupcakes, and karaoke.  We hooked up my Brava sound system and Katelyn sang for hours..with Claire on back-up.  I think we probably heard the Frozen song "Let it Go" 20 times in a row.  Kate really has a fantastic voice!!!  Maybe a stage is in her future!   
The 40th birthday party was at Echo Valley and full of the Coppola family.  Tony and Kelly and their kids stayed at our house all weekend which was really fun.  Cary said numerous times how much he loved having people at our house overnight.  I think it reminds him of the days when his Denver cousins stayed at their house for a week at a time. It was really a great weekend! 
Don't we look like we're having fun?  :)
Brynn and I tend to go to Target after we drop Carter off at school on Fridays.  And we often run into Saylor and Aunt Holly as they do their weekly shopping too.  The girls get so excited to see each other and always want to go find these chairs.  They're too funny.  
Here's a belly shot from mid-January.  I haven't grown too much more, but I sure haven't felt great this month.  Although the nausea medication helps, it also has some other not-so-great side effects.  I'm taking it one day...or should I say one meal...at a time, hoping to make it through a day without throwing up.  I'm 13 1/2 weeks now and am praying that the second trimester brings a bit of relief.   At this point, we have no names picked out, no strong feelings on whether it's a boy or girl (although today I do feel like it's a girl), and have had two ultrasounds.  It's amazing what a 13 week old baby can do in utero!!  
These two have been buddies this month.  They rarely play apart when they're at home anymore.  It's fun to see them be so sweet together (most of the time) and also give mom and dad a little quiet time while they're off doing what kids do.  
I caught this photo of Cary looking at Brynn as she slept the other night.  She'd had a particularly rough evening of being high-maintenance, crying for me constantly, and just being a bit naughty.  We couldn't wait to put the girl to bed for the night.  But two hours later as Cary went in to shut off her lamp, I watched him as he just starred at her for a long, long time.  She is pretty cute...especially when she's sleeping. 
Carter finished his first basketball season and will start his second season next week.  Uncle Tony, Davis and Bennett even came to watch his last game.  He improved so much and really had a great time this season.  He made a total of 5 baskets, can dribble down the court without losing control of the ball, and shoots every opportunity he gets.  He was so proud of his medal too.  He even wore it to church the next day.

February will bring a little more down-time on the weekends and will end with a trip to Florida. Here's to warmer weather, well-behaved kids, and another great month!



No comments: