Tuesday, April 22, 2014

This Week

Brynn continues to make us laugh.  She really is quite the character.  I told Cary that he'd better like babies because this girl does not leave much space between she and I.  She's been battling an on-going cough and runny nose for the past 6 weeks.  Hoping that healthier days are ahead!
Wearing my "boo-boos."  Oh my...
Just taking care of her baby in her high heels and sun glasses. 
Carter had a big week....he was Scientist of the Week last Tuesday and he'd waited all year for this day.  :)  I took a 6 minute video and this one photo - with his eyes closed.  He did an experiment with food coloring, milk and dish soap.  It was really so cute but he was surprisingly serious through the whole thing.  I couldn't believe how reserved he was...even as he answered questions and called on different students.  Luckily, the experiment went just as planned and he correctly used the word "react." :)

In other news, we have now officially gone through 3 pairs of uniform pants and one uniform shirt in the last two weeks.  All of the pants now have holes in the knees from some serious playground games, apparently.  I bought two new pairs of pants from Gap last week and within two days, they both had grass stains and black marks on the knees.  This kid.  I did my best with the OxyClean, but I guess he'll just be wearing stained pants until shorts are allowed in May.  AND THEN he came home with this big gash in his shirt on Friday.  "I accidentally cut my shirt while cutting some paper at school.  Please don't be upset with me."  It's just too funny and cute to really make me mad, and honestly, he is just so clutsy I don't think he can really help it.  Yesterday he ran through our screen door while Cary, Brynn and I were by the swing set.  Just ran right through it and knocked the screen to the ground.  You can't make this stuff up.  That's our Carter-man.

We've been spending some time at sporting events lately.  Cary played in the Dowling Alumni Basketball tournament on Saturday and they got 3rd place.  He was a little worried about playing with his hurt knees, but he did great.   It's always fun to see his friends all together and hear the endless stories from their Dowling days.
Part of the cheering section.  Carter was off running in the Dowling gym with his buddy, Griffin.  Too busy to sit for a picture, of course. 
Carter's baseball season started last week and so far, so good.  He really has a good arm and can throw the ball really well.  His first game was Saturday and he did great...played pitcher (they still bat off a tee at this point) and 1st base.  I snapped these photos at practice yesterday.  He's a little social while running the bases. :)

Brynn is still going to gymnastics every Friday and is liking it more and more.  Last week she hung from the high bar and then did a flip over it with Miss Kim's help.  I was pretty impressed with how brave she was.
Brynn doing some stretching
And that's our life in a nutshell.  I've been loving open windows and screened doors, grilling dinner which makes for much less clean-up, baking in the afternoons during Brynn's nap, bike rides and walks around the neighborhood, and stops at nearby parks.  Cary's been working on staining the deck and is anxious to get to work in the yard.  There's nothing not to love about Spring.  

No comments: