Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January


January is just one of those months that doesn't seem too exciting.  I often wonder if I'd feel differently about it if I lived somewhere warmer where we could still be outside or the sun was still up at 7pm or if maybe my birthday was in January.  But no, I just feel a little blah about the month and am already looking forward to Spring.  Here's how we've been keeping busy INSIDE this month...

Basketball 
Carter played for the Y with a group of 1st and 2nd graders from St. Augustin. There were so many boys out that they had two separate teams.   Carter and his buddy Emmett were the only first graders on their team.  He started off a little timid on the court, even though he could shoot and make baskets constantly in our driveway or garage.  We bribed him before one game...if he shot the ball - and it had to be at least close to making it - he could pick out a new small Lego set.  He shot the ball 7 times that game and made 2 of the shots!  :)  He ended up making 3 baskets this season and decided that he WANTED to shoot the ball as often as he could.  He was great at "fake-outs" (even if they weren't needed) and he was always happy when he got to play point guard.  So far, I'd say basketball is his favorite and best sport.  


Watching this Baby Grow! 
Today is Lia's 6 month birthday!  How can that be possible?  I honestly have held her every single day and thought to myself that I just want her to stay this size.  She's growing up way too fast but we just love this little peanut so much.  She started eating baby food a few weeks ago and that has been fun for all of us.  Brynn wants to feed her all of the time and Lia loves playing with her bib while she eats.  It gets messy but it's so cute!

I took the kids to Backyard Adventures one morning and discovered that Lia loves to swing!  She giggled so loud!
Lia is very grabby right now.  If you're reading a book, she wants it.  More specifically, she wants it in her mouth.  She loves sitting with her brother and sister at night (although at the moment she seems to prefer Carter) and likes when they read or play with her.
 

She's learned to sit up in the last day or two.  She still loses her balance and falls over every little bit, but I know she'll have this down pat in a week or so.  She's liking tummy time more and is still working on rolling over.  

Weekend Fun
Cary went to New Orleans mid-January for a work event.  Although I actually really hate it when he's gone (my life is WAY more fun when Cary is in it), the kids and I kept busy and had a good time. We went to Carter's basketball game, visited my parents in Guthrie, went to Katelyn's birthday party, made it to 8am church, ate at Dunkin Donuts, ran a few errands, played at Monkey Joe's, and still got bathed and fed.  :)   





Watching Programs
By this I mean, watching Brynn dance around and sing at the house.  She's our entertainer for sure. Here's just a cute shot of her after I asked her to go get dressed for school. :)

A Little Redecorating
We haven't put much up on our walls and certain parts of our house were feeling bare.  So I spent about 2 weeks adding little things here and there.  I hung new pictures in the guest bathroom and hallway.  We found artwork for our living room.

I decorated the area at the bottom of our stairs.

And I added a little seating area in our bedroom.  
It's all still a work in progress but I'm liking how it all turned out.

Bring on February!!

No comments: