Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to Work and Not Much Else!

Well I made it! My first full week of school is almost finished. I can already tell that I am going to LOVE having Fridays off. Today is actually the first day of school with kids in the building and I just love the atmosphere here. It's great to see how all of the kids have changed. Some have new haircuts, some have contacts, some have braces, and some are now taller than me. I love the 6th graders because they are all so anxious and timid about being in middle school. And I love the kindergarteners because they are just so darn little and cute. All in all, it's been a great day at school!

This week has been pretty uneventful so far. Carter has done great at Hedy's. On Tuesday when I picked him up, he sort of chose Hedy over me. That made me really sad at first, but then I decided that I was just glad that he liked her so much.

Our big drama of the week was on Tuesday afternoon and evening. Let's just say that Mediacom is out to get us. I could go on and on about the headaches that they have caused us with our cable, phone and internet....but I'll spare you. Finally last week we cancelled Mediacom and scheduled for Quest and DirectTV to be installed. Well Mediacom must have heard that we were ditching them because they screwed us one last time. Tuesday after work, I pulled into the driveway and our garage door wouldn't open. I then tried to punch in the code, and that didn't work either. After calling Cary, I decided to go to his parents' house until we figured out what was going on. Well it turns out that Mediacom was working on our street and cut our power line. MidAmerican Energy came to fix the power, but said that they wouldn't be done until 10:30 that night. So Cary, Carter, Maddie and I stayed at Bobbi and Joe's. It was actually kind of nice and reminded Cary and I of our college days...only now we have a dog and baby. Lucikly, the power was back on by the next morning and so life could continue as normal.

Just writing down my week's activities shows how hard it is to do anything fun on weeknights when you're working. Those four hours between work and Carter's bedtime are filled with making dinner, eating dinner, playing outside, playing inside, giving Carter a bath, and putting him to bed. That's about it....except of course for watching the Olympics. Maybe I'll have more to write about after the weekend!

1 comment:

MadKanga said...

Happy Fridays-Off Day! YEAH! You ARE going to love it - and so will Carter and Cary! I just pranked called Mediacom for you, too! That'll show 'em!