Monday, September 15, 2008

Sick Baby Carter!

I'm home today with a sick baby. Poor Carter has been fighting this bug since last Wednesday and now it's really got him down. Today his temperature was 102.6. We took him to Cary's dad's office for some blood work this morning and it looks like it's just a virus. He has been quite the little snuggler and has fallen asleep on my shoulder several times this weekend. That's just not like him...he's usually crawling all over the place and ready to get into something new. He's currently on his fourth nap of the day!!

Despite Carter not feeling 100%, the weekend was nice and low-key. My friend Alicia came over earlier this week and played with Carter. It's always fun for us to get together and a I love how much she loves him. It was nice to have some girl talk and just hang out! Being around her always makes me appreciate her friendship so much!
With the non-stop rain, Friday was the perfect night to stay in and have family time. I made pasta and we had a glass of wine as we played inside. I had bought a new toy for Carter that day that pops balls into the air, so we waited to bring it out until that evening. Carter really liked it and especially loved the stream of air blowing on his face. We played and played, and after Carter hit the sack, Cary and I watched Baby Mama. It was just a really nice night.

On Saturday we got all decked-out in Michigan gear. Too bad they played horribly and Cary ended up mowing instead of watching the last half of the game. Here are some pictures from the day. Even Carter wanted to watch the game! Like father, like son!
Saturday night was Kyle's graduation party at Bobbi and Joe's house. We had a really nice time! Our neighbor girls came over at 8:00 and put Carter to bed. At that point, he was just acting crabby and we attributed that to teething. None the less, Carter was good for the girls and fell right to sleep. Cary and I stayed out until midnight....that's the latest we've been out in a LONG time!
On Sunday, we celebrated my mom's birthday at Andy and Julie's house. Since we weren't sure if Carter was sick or just teething, we really tried to keep he and Katelyn apart. He was so crabby there and later fell asleep on my dad's shoulder. After that, he really started to go downhill.
Hopefully Carter will start feeling better soon so we can get back to the daily grind. Cary's knee surgery is this Wednesday and I don't know if I can take care of 2 sick boys at the same time! :)

2 comments:

MadKanga said...

Love the Michigan photos! We take a Michigan photo every fall - you should do the same- it's fun comparing them through the years! Very cute! Poor little Carter!

Andy said...

I heard that Carter is in the hospital (thru Holly's blog). I hope that he gets better soon! He is in my prayers!

~Andrea