I had taken Carter to the Jordan Creek play place a few weeks ago and he really seemed to like it. Now that he can walk, he is able to enjoy it much more! Cary is really funny about the play place though. He doesn't like all of the kids being there and he keeps saying "I can't believe I brought my kid here." The germ thing does bother me a little bit - but I just make sure to wash Carter's hands as soon as we leave. So yes, Carter loved the play place. He loved climbing up the steps, going down the slide (although he looked like an accident waiting to happen). He loved watching the other kids - and at one point trying to move one child out of his way. He just really had a great time. We know that because he screamed as soon as we picked him up and tried to leave. So - mission accomplished - good, quality family fun at a busy, germ-infested play area!
Yesterday was the trip to the Science Center. Cary was dragging his feet a little - but I later realized it was because he had never been there! He didn't know how cool that place really is! So we showed up at 4:00 only to find out that there is a discount on Sundays! Even better!!! It was sort of a milestone because we didn't bring a stroller. Since Carter can walk and there were two of us to share the carrying duties, the stroller wasn't needed! That was very freeing - although I wasn't sure where to put my purse. Did I actually have to carry it? Anyway, we had a great time. Carter loved the air stream that blows the beach ball straight up into the air. He also liked the tunnel you climb through with the colored windows. We spent some time making big bubbles, dropping balls into a funnel on the Ball Wall, watching a show in the planetarium for about 30 seconds, being the weather guy on the news, watching the snakes, and trying to figure out whether the bat in the cave was real or not. Right as it was about to close, we were ready to head home. Second mission accomplished - a family outing at a great Des Moines attraction!
Here are just a few pictures of Carter last night. Cary was chasing him around the room and then picking him up and kissing him under his chin. Boy did that bring on the giggles! Nothing is better than hearing him laugh! Check out his teeth!!!

1 comment:
SO GREAT!! I am glad you enjoyed the Science Center. Carter looked like he loved it too! He is really changing I love his smile in those last pictures!! Love your blog...
Post a Comment