Monday, February 16, 2009

What's New with the Coppola's?

Since my last post:
-Carter had his 1st baptism birthday. We celebrated with cupcakes from Aunt Holly.
-We took Carter for his 1 year pictures at Portrait Innovations. Too bad he was actually 13 months and 4 days old! I was just a little behind...
-Cary and I went to Immersion at Hope Lutheran Church and watched one of my dearest friends, Alicia, give the message. It was awesome and I was so proud of her. She's definitely been my inspiration these past few weeks!
-We spent the weekend with my parents in Guthrie Center. Carter played with Papa and Grandma, Cousin Katelyn, Uncle Andy, Aunt Julie and Great-Grandpa & Grandma Sorensen.
-My niece Katelyn had a bump removed from her arm and was a great little patient! She even had a heart-shaped bandage aftewards.
-Holly's grandpa Cecil passed away on February 9th. He was a very special man to so many people and brought light to so many lives.
-Davis came over for a play date and he introduced Carter to the movie "Madagascar!"
-We did a Valentine's Day babysitting swap with the Donnenwerth's. Cary and I went to "He' s Just Not that Into You" and then they saw "Slumdog Millionaire." It was a fun way to spend Valentine's Day - plus, Carter got to hang out with his girlfriend Macy!
-We celebrated our 8th Valentine's Day together by transforming our playroom basement into a restaurant on Saturday night. Since we didn't have a babysitter for Carter, we put him to bed and then made a special dinner for just the two of us. Cary had crab legs and I had a really good stuffed chicken breast. We had some drinks and sat at our downstairs table just talking and laughing. It ranks right up there as one of our best Valentine's Days!
-Carter is officially a blanket boy. He always wants to hold his "Ni-Ni"...which in baby talk means "Night-Night." Cary and I both had blankets as kids, so we think it's pretty cute!
-We finally planned our Spring Break trip to St. Petersburg, Florida! We are going with the August's the last week in March while Carter stays with both sets of grandparents. I can't wait to lay on the beach and soak up the sun!
-Carter has learned the words "uh-oh." It's so cute! The other day he threw a toy car across the room and said "Uh-oh!" I don't think he quite knows how to use the word yet!
-We have a new favorite song to dance to at our house: "I Like to Move It, Move It." It's on the end of Madagascar and Carter dances and bounces so hard that he falls backwards. He has a new dance move too - he has learned to spin around.
-Carter played in the snow for the first time this weekend. We never had actually put him in the snow and just let him pick it up and try to walk around in it. His little nose turned red after about 10 minutes, so we didn't stay out long.








1 comment:

MadKanga said...

Had to check in with my nephew while I was away. I'm in Cancun and you're not. Na-na-na-na-na. Love the photos! Give Carter a kiss! Miss you guys!