Friday the 13th
Carter went to play with Cousin Katelyn while his mommy and daddy had a date night! We went to On the Border and then saw Slumdog Millionaire. Although Cary and I didn't agree on our rating of the movie, we had a fun night together. And, of course, Carter had lots of fun riding in Uncle Andy's truck, eating pizza, playing in Katelyn's kitchen, and showing off his animal sounds. And apparently he became quite attached to his aunt Julie.
Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th
The three of us then spent the weekend at my parents' in Guthrie Center. Carter saw all three of my grandparents, we went to the park, ate at Prime Time, played Ring-Around-the-Rosey with Katelyn, went on a tour of Dad's houses, and had cake with my aunt, uncle and cousin.



Monday the 16th
Monday the 16th
It was a beautiful day - over 70 degrees and sunny! Carter and I met Davis and Kelly at the Blank Park Zoo. Although all of the exhibits weren't opened, it was a great day. Carter and Davis especially liked the lions. That night Kyle came over to grill out and play with Carter. He always smiles when he sees his uncle Kyle!
St. Patty's Day! We headed to the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Locust with our friends Amy and Macy. Again, it was a beautiful day! Carter and Macy didn't quite know what to think of the parade, but they stood on the side of the street, clapping their hands and eating goldfish. When we got home, we played outside most of the afternoon. Then we went to Uncle Kyle's. He was having a St. Patty's Day party. By the time we got there, the group size was dwindling. We had one beer and then headed back home.
Errands day. I had lots of errands to run - groceries, bank, the mall, Target. And so most of our day was spent running around West Des Moines. We did make a stop at the Jordan Creek play place though!
Thursday the 19th
Kansas City, here we come! Since Michigan had made it into the NCAA basketball tournament in Kansas City, there was no way Cary was going to miss it! We dropped Carter off at Cary's parents on Thursday afternoon and the two of us made the drive to Kansas City. We were there just in time to had a couple of beers and watch the Michigan band rev the crowd up. The game was lots of fun...and best of all, Michigan won! Afterwards, we went to a fun bowling-alley bar in the Power and Light District of Kansas City and had dinner and a few drinks. Since we had to drive back early the next morning, we were in bed before 11:00. Definitely a fun night!
Friday the 20th
After picking Carter up from Bobbi and Joe's, he came home and took a nap. In the afternoon, we went to my friend Alicia's, who was babysitting her niece Addie. Carter and Addie really weren't interested in each other, but it was fun for Alicia and I to chat! That night, we went to our friends' daughter Darrah's 1st birthday party. Here is a picture of Carter and Darrah the week before.
Saturday the 21st
Yard Day!!! Since the weather was beautiful again, we spent nearly the entire day outside. I hid Easter Eggs for Carter to find, I washed the screens and windows, Cary re-did our fence, I bought a few things for our front porch, we played with Carter's new golf set. This was the first time that Carter had really played in our backyard - and he LOVED it. He was able to all over the yard (as small as it is) and explore while I messed around on the deck. That night it was our turn to babysit Katelyn. We played in the yard with Kate too, and then my parents came over. While Dad and Cary watched the Michigan game, Mom and I took the kids to the park. I think they both loved it!
Sunday the 22nd
Yard Day, AGAIN! Yep, another entire day spent outside. Cary finished the fence while I spray painted our outside rockers, cleaned the house a little, and kept Carter busy. By the time we came in, it was 6:00 and we all were exhausted. It was such a fun week and I was sad to put Carter to bed that night. But, on the bright side, it makes me so excited for our summer days together! The countdown has begun! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment