Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day weekend was packed with Great Memories!!!

Aahhhh....four day weekends! Our family had a fantastic, fun-filled weekend!
Friday: I woke up on my day off to a happy little boy laughing in his crib. Cary had gone to work early, so Carter and I went downstairs to have breakfast alone. To my surprise, I found a bouquet of flowers, a Caribou coffee and a sweet note from Cary on our kitchen table. What better way to start the weekend? To my surprise, at 5:00 my parents arrived to take Carter home with them. And so Cary and I's night on the town began! First we went to Firecreek for some drinks on the patio, then we met the August's, Murphy's and Sean and Jess at Barratta's for dinner. We then ended up at West Glen for more drinks and fun at Graze and Caberet. A fun night that we definitely paid for the next day!
Saturday: Cary left around 9:00am for Guthrie to pick up Carter and so I just lounged around the house. I took a morning nap, showered, and made lunch. By this time, I expected Cary and Carter to be walking in the door. But after a phone conversation with my brother, I realized that my boys were hanging out with Andy and Katelyn. So...with some extra time on my hands I went to Old Navy and then the Farmer's Market. And by 1:00 I was bored and ready for my family to come home! Once they finally made it back home, we played in the yard as Cary power washed the deck. Carter was so interested in the power hose that Cary finally turned it off and let Carter play in the slow stream of water. He was drenched but soooo cute!
Sunday: Although the skies were cloudy, we spent the day at Lake Panorama and at my parents' house with my family. Mom made a huge lunch for all of us and then we just lounged on the boat. Carter and Katelyn loved the boat....but they especially loved a little bucket of water inside the boat. That brought hours of enjoyment! After a fun day in the sun, we hung out at Cary's parents' house with his parents and Joe and the boys. This was Carter's first time having corn on the cob. He kept watching Joey eat it and finally decided to give it a try for himself!

Monday: By now the weekend activities were winding down. We had cinnamon rolls and coffee on the deck and then the boys mowed the yard. Carter kept following Cary around with his lawn mower. Later, while Carter took his nap, Cary worked in the back yard and did some little outdoor projects. I potted a few plants, sprayed some weeds and organized my dresser drawers. And by yesterday afternoon I had nothing to do. My house was clean, laundry was folded and put away, Carter wanted to play outside and it was raining. I was bored! We eventually went to the mall to walk around for an hour and just blow off some energy. And by last night, we were all just tired from a long, fun-filled weekend.
Today: I have to say that I'm a little celebrated-out...even though today is my actual birthday. Alicia called and offered to watch Carter tonight if we wanted to go to a movie. And since she pulled out the "I need a Carter-fix" card, we decided to take her up on the offer! So it looks like another night of fun activities! Popcorn and a movie with my hubby!

I'd also like to say a big THANK YOU to the Donnenwerth's for letting us borrow Macy's play set while they tour the country this summer. Carter is loving it! Here are a few pictures of him playing on it and helping his daddy clear a place for it. I can tell this is going to be a huge hit this summer!!!

2 comments:

MadKanga said...

Happy birthday to an amazing mom, sister and friend! Sounds like you did your birthday up right! Wish I could have celebrated with you! Carter is getting so big. Also, you always take the best family photos, which makes me so mad! Joe always does the "chandler" grin, and I'm always looking at one of the kids, while they are always walking off the scene...what gives??

Amy D said...

Ali-
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. We are sorry we missed the celebration! We miss you guys!

We are SO HAPPY that Carter loves the playset! Enjoy it! We wouldn't rather any other boy use it for the summer!!!!

Miss you friend!