*Cary and his brothers surprised their dad and took him on a fishing trip in the boundary waters. The boys were gone five days and they had a great time. While Cary was away, Carter and I jam-packed our days full of fun. I went to a movie with Holly, Alicia, Kelly Grabe, Cindy O'Hare, Bobbi and Cary's cousin Ana on Wednesday night while Carter stayed home with a babysitter. We spent Thursday afternoon and Friday in Iowa City with my friend Laina and her son Jack. The four of us went to the park and the Children's Museum and Laina and I even were able to go out for some drinks. Alicia came over for pizza and a movie on Friday night, and Carter and I went to the Farmer's Market with Lauren on Saturday. The rest of our weekend was spent in Guthrie with my parents. And before we knew it, Cary was home! We hated to see him leave but we really had a great time while he was away!
*We had a teacher-getaway at Sun Valley Lake with five other St. Augustin teachers. Maureen, Teresa, Cathy, Jen, Kelly and I had so much fun laying in the sun, sipping wine on the deck, and eating a ton of great food. It was great to catch up with everyone about their summers and start talking about the upcoming school year. While I was gone, Cary took great care of Carter. He even bought him about 5 new toy cars which he is in love with!
*My college girlfriends and their spouses and kids came over for a BBQ. Since our friend Amy was visiting from Honolulu, it was the perfect excuse for the seven of us to get our families together. It was the first time I'd met Amy's 1 year old daughter, Evy, and the first time Amy had met Carter. Laina and her husband brought their son Jack...so the three little kids just ran around our backyard. Boy how things have changed with this group! The other guests were Angie (who just moved back to Des Moines after being a chiropractor in NYC) and her new boyfriend Rex, Emily and Brett, Rachel and Blake, and Steph and Beau. We all had a great time and relived so many college memories!
*Carter and I went to the zoo with my friend and co-worker Kelly and her son Griffin. Carter's favorite animals were the monkeys and giraffes. It was the perfect way to spend a Monday afternoon!
*We celebrated my dad's birthday at my parents' house with my brother, Julie, Katelyn and my grandparents. Carter and Katelyn loved sitting in my dad's jeep and pretending to drive it. They are too cute and they always have so much fun together!
*Tony, Kelly, Davis and Bennett have officially moved to Decorah and were in town last weekend. We spent last Friday evening at Bobbi and Joe's. The boys all played great, we got to pass Bennett around, and also check out the pictures of Tony and Kelly's new house. Now I just can't wait to see it in person!
*Carter and I went to Chuck E. Cheese's with my friend Tiffany and her daughter Darrah. I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the place and the quality of the pizza. Maybe it was just the fact that we were there at noon on a Friday, but it wasn't busy at all and Carter loved running around and playing all of the games. And the best part was that he didn't know whether or not I'd put a token in most games, so he just pretended to play. :)
*Cary's brother Joe babysat Carter while Cary and I went on a date night. Holly and Joey were at vacation bible school, so Carter and Maddox spent the evening playing together. Cary and I went to Dos Rios downtown and sat out on the patio for dinner. The weather was perfect and the food was great! Then we went to the Fleur Cinema and saw the movie "Away We Go." Very cute and very indie. Loved it!
*Cary's cousins Kara, Kate and Kacey were in town for Kate's bridal shower and bachelorette party. The shower was held at Aunt Bobbye's house and was great. Then we hit some West Glen bars afterwards. It was such a fun night and I had a great time hanging out with all of the girls. I just wished we were able to do that more often!
And now July is coming to an end. Luckily, we have some great things planned for the next three weeks of summer. I'll be cherishing each and every day of freedom!!
No comments:
Post a Comment