Thursday, July 2, 2009

While Carter was sleeping today...

I did a little bit of this:


And I also made this:



The creative bug hit me on Tuesday when I was admiring my neighbor's front door decoration. It was a colorful "R" painted on canvas and she told me she paid $60 for it. I thought to myself "I cold make that." Well...not the case. I have no idea how to paint on canvas. Instead I decided to go to Hobby Lobby and buy some unfinished wood (50% off too!!) and a wood-burning tool. During Carter's afternoon nap, I drew the "C" and shapes with a pen, burned them using my handy-dandy new tool, painted the whole thing black, and then painted various layers of colors of paint on the letter and shapes. And here is the finished product:






Definitely fed my creative fix...

2 comments:

Our Family said...

oh my gosh. I am so jealous. And now you must make one too. Or tell me how you did it??? Was the tool easy to use? I love it. SUPER CUTE.

MadKanga said...

Don't mind my sister. She couldn't make that if she tried. She just really wants you to make one for her. Anyway, LOVE it!! So cute! And, if yours goes missing...you know where you can find it!