Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Time for Some Sun!

Carter was sick all last week with high fever, constant coughing, a sore throat, infected ears, and a runny nose. The poor kid looked like a train wreck from Wednesday to Sunday. Somewhere in the midst of getting better, he didn't get rid of his spoiled child attitude. True...we did buy him a few new toys when he was sick. And yes...we did get him whatever he wanted to drink whenever he wanted it. And yes, we did snuggle and love on him for 5 days straight. True...he watched movie after movie after movie. But now Cary and I are wondering if our sweet little boy will ever return. Who is this demanding kid that screams "I want..." at the top of his lungs? Who's this kid that cries when you take off his shoes, or put on his shoes, or give him a snack, or don't give him a snack? We are in spoiled-boy detox at our house. And to top off the stress that comes with this detox program, Cary and I are both starting to feel a bit under the weather ourselves. So today I needed this:

And this:

And this:
T minus 12 days until we leave for Miami. This will be Carter's first time on an airplane, and his first time to see the ocean, and the first time that we have gone on a vacation just the three of us. Spring Break can not get here fast enough!!!

No comments: