Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This and That...and an Announcement! :)

Well I've been MIA in the blog world lately. My biggest excuse is morning (or should I say "afternoon") sickness, being tired, and still trying to keep my family going. Yep, that's right, we're expecting Baby #2 in early November. Cary and I are both really excited and are happy to say that we're almost past the first trimester. I'm 11 weeks along and am finally starting to feel quite a bit better. I'm hoping the constant tiredness, occassional gagging spells, and bouts of nausea are behind me now. So now it's time to get back to my normal life and do something other than lay on the couch. :)

I thought I'd share just a few things from the past few weeks.

Our new favorite family past-time is riding our bikes. Cary's bike is the same bike he had in 7th grade, but it's been completely tuned-up and works like a charm. I ride Bobbi's bike from who-knows-when, and we've borrowed a chariot for Carter from our neighbors. And, as jankety as we might look, we're loving it! We have our route down to a routine, going down a long sidewalk, hopping onto two different bike paths, and finally stopping at a park. It's been a great way for the three of us to spend some time together, enjoy the spring weather, and also get a little exercise all at the same time. And although my biking skills were a bit shaky at first, I'm getting better! :)

Carter went through a little naughty spell last week which had me worried that we had officially reached the terrible 2's. He threw some serious fits when leaving the park, which my friends Alicia and Lauren both got to witness on separate occassions. Awesome. He got in trouble at Hedy's for telling her "no," and wasn't listening to Cary or I at home. He opened up the gate in the backyard and let himself out. The next day he opened the gate and let the dog out. And just when I thought this 5-day streak was going to lead to a year of a bad attitude, our sweet little Carter returned. Again reminding me that everything goes in stages. Just when you think you'll never get a good night's sleep, they sleep through the night. And when you worry that they will never stop spitting up, they make it a day without going through 2 outfit changes. So we may or may not be approaching the "terrible 2's", but I'm just enjoying the fact that he's been much better the past few days!

On the way to work yesterday I had a CD playing and Carter started singing along. "Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the Highway." Ahhh...I think the words are "Hosanna in the Highest"...but that's okay. So cute.

Well it's 4:00 and my pants are getting tight and I'm so glad I get to go home and put on sweat pants! :) Another day of work down...only 25 more to go! Summer, here I come!

2 comments:

Kate at Dream To Life said...

So exciting, Ali!!!!! Can't wait to hear all the Baby updates!!! xoxo

Evie said...

Ali and Cary,
We are so, so, so excited for you two!!! That is wonderful news!! Take care of yourself!! (It is a little harder to do that with a two year old!!)
And AMEN to your post above. I hate to tell you that the attitude thing extends into the 3rd year too, but like you said it comes and goes!! Thank goodness they are so sweet and lovable the other times!!!
Love,
Evie, Adam, Addison & Lauren