Monday, December 13, 2010

December

Well I have so much to write about that I don't know where to begin. First of all, I can't believe it's already mid-December. Where has the time gone? Christmas will be here before we know it, followed by Carter's birthday, and then eventually I go back to work. Right now I'm just enjoying my days at home, getting into a schedule, and running errands as I please. Here's a tid-bit of what we've been up to the past couple of weeks.

BRYNN
Carter and Cary both had colds early last week, and when Brynn wasn't eating quite as much as usual last Tuesday, I decided to take her temp. It was 100.2 and then 100.8 about an hour later. I took her into the doctor thinking that they would just tell me to watch her fluid intake and make sure she was having wet diapers. Unfortunately, since she was only 5 weeks old with a fever, they admitted us to the hospital. The poor little girl had to have a spinal tap, a catheter, an IV in her foot, an ultrasound of her kidneys and several other little pokes and prods. The tests showed that she had a urinary tract infection and so we were able to go home with antibiotics after about 48 hours. It was really hard to see Brynn in that little hospital bed all hooked up to machines and IVs. Definitely reminded us of Carter's time in the NICU. Luckily, she's doing great and acting fine and all is back to normal. The first two photos are of Brynn while at the doctor - she doesn't look too sick! :) The last one is of her at the hospital. We were so ready to bring her back home!




CARTER
Carter's been great and is really enjoying all of the fun of the holidays. We saw Santa two weekends ago and he was brave enough to go sit on his lap, but only with me beside him. He asked Santa for "Action Chugger" from Chuggington. Santa asked if Carter wanted the big one or the little one. Thanks alot, Santa...pretty sure there isn't a BIG Action Chugger. Hopefully Carter won't be too disappointed on Christmas morning!

Carter was given the Elf on the Shelf and this has been so much fun! Carter named his elf "Evey"...not sure why, but the name stuck! Every morning we go looking around the house for Evey's new hiding place. Carter says he even saw Evey fly. Oh...I love his imagination! In the past few days we've gone to look at Christmas lights (several times), made a gingerbread house, watched The Polar Express, wrapped Christmas presents, and decorated sugar cookies. We're making the most of the holiday entertainment for sure! :)




OUR FAMILY
We had professional pictures taken last weekend and were really happy with them. Here are a few of our favorites:








Our life as a family of four is feeling more and more normal each day. We're getting Brynn's sleep schedule figured out (which, for now, involves one of us staying up until 11:00, getting up to feed her around 2:30, and then the other one getting up with her around 6:00). Carter continues to love his little sister and has yet to do anything mean to her or ask us to make her go away. And right at this moment, I have both kids in their beds asleep...so you know what that means...nap time for Mommy! :)

2 comments:

Amy D said...

Ali-she is so beautiful! Can't wait to hold that baby girl...very soon!!!

Evie said...

Wonderful pictures!! Who do you have take them? They are so great! Brynn is a doll! I can't believe how old she looks already! What a sweet smile!!