Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Potty Training - Day 2

So far, so good.  Yesterday she had two accidents and about ten successful pees in the potty.  She also pooped twice in the potty - once completely on her own without me even reminding her to go.  Today she's had one accident so far.  We did go to her Summer Songs music class this morning (despite my rule about not leaving the house) and she did great - no accidents there.  We also stopped by Grandma Bobbi's to play with Joey and Maddox for an hour.  Again, no accidents.  

As of now, I'm thinking that she knows she is supposed to sit on the potty to go.  But at this point, she's only going to the bathroom when I remind her to do so.  I know that's a good step because she's learning that it's better to not have wet pants and she's getting comfortable on the potty (I remember Carter screaming because he was scared to poop on it...that isn't going to be a problem with her).  But now I just need her to recognize the feeling of needing to go and then holding it until she can get to the bathroom.  We're getting there....

And as for the not spending of money - I'm holding up my end of the deal!  After naps yesterday, Carter played with our neighbor Joey.  Then we ate dinner and played in the front yard.  Carter ran through the sprinkler and we played with bubbles - new Pinterest recipe of 6 cups water, 1/2 cup corn starch, 1/2 cup dish soap, and 1 T baking powder.  Awesome!  Then Cary and Carter went to the Dowling baseball game.  And today we were at Summer Songs and Grandma's until 10:15, then came home to swim in the backyard pool.  We had lunch, played some more, and watched a Dinosaur Train.  And now the kids are asleep! :) 

No comments: