Monday, July 16, 2012

Priestley Family Vacation 2012


The 12th annual Priestley Family Vacation was a success.  We spent the weekend at Adventureland again this year and did many of the same activities: dinner and bowling at Bass Pro Shop, swimming at the Adventureland Inn pool, hanging out poolside, and a Saturday evening adult trip to Adventureland for roller coaster rides.  A few things were different this year though: Saturday night dinner on the patio at Jethro's rather than Claxton's, and all day Saturday spent at the water park rather than riding the rides. It was a hot day and we had cabanas for shade, so it was the perfect way to spend the day.  Carter loved the kids' area with water slides, Brynn liked splashing around, and Cary and I both took our turns on the water slides.  It was so great to spend the weekend with the extended Priestley family.  There were 29 of us and it was just so nice to catch up with everyone.  It was also great to see Katelyn and Claire interact with our kids.  Carter and Katelyn are buddies...they get along so well and really enjoy each other's company.  I hope they always like each other this much! :)  And now that Claire and Brynn are a little older, they are loving each other too.  I can just tell that these two are going to be two peas in a pod.  Today, as I look back on our weekend, I'm feeling very thankful for such a fun family!
Love!!
Carter and Cary bowling

Zach and Ellie (two of my cousin Matt's kids), Katelyn and Carter
The future - 3 kids and 3 iPads
All of the great-grandkids with Grandma Phyllis.
Front: Claire, Brynn, Katelyn, Grandma, Ellie
Middle: Charlie, Carter, Austin, Jake, Zach, and Jenna
Back: Gabe and Cale









No comments: