CARTER
...is seeming so old. This past week he had his 5 year well-check and his preschool conference. Both went so well. He's in the 40th percentile for weight and 68th percentile for height. He is healthy and is reaching all of the milestones that he's supposed to be reaching. He can count to 100, although he's really trying to count to 1,000. He counts by 10's and by 2's. He knows all of his letters both uppercase and lowercase and he's learning to sound out words. He now holds his pencil with the correct 3-finger grip, can finally use scissors correctly, and can draw himself with lots of detail. He has such a personality and loves to talk. He asks questions constantly...usually about ships and boats and how things work. He loves to draw pirate ships and the Titanic, although he'll draw rainbows and hearts for me, superheros for his friends, and Michigan M's for Dad. He always asks us to play Michael Jackson songs in the car...usually Thriller, Scream, Jam or Beat It. We just signed him up for his first baseball league and Cary is going to be the coach! He loves playing Star Wars Angry Birds and racing his sister around the circle in our house. He's sweet, sensitive and charming and I hope that never changes.
BRYNN
...is sticking to her "sweet and sassy" personality. She talks so much and really well and can tell us anything that is on her mind. She loves playing babies....especially rocking them, feeding them bottles, pushing them in the stroller, and putting them to bed. She's girly in the fact that she loves clothes, notices if I buy her something new, likes wearing bows in her hair, and loves when I paint her "Tony"-nails. If she ever goes shopping with me, she points at things and says "that's cute." She is usually a mama's girl and wants me to snuggle her and read her books at night. If I'm doing laundry, she's near the laundry room playing. If I'm folding clothes, she's sitting next to me matching up socks or folding washclothes. If I'm in the kitchen, she's on the step-stool trying to help me. Her sassy side has been really coming out lately. She has a little attitude and gets frustrated easily. If she doesn't get what she wants, she's quick to get mad and cry. She has been known to knock over Carter's block towers or steal toys away from her brother. If I give her milk to drink, she wants orange juice. If I give her one baby, she wants a different one. She's definitely pushing her boundaries and seeing how much she can get away with...and therefore has been in time-out quite a bit lately. She got her first hair-cut last week and slept in the trundle bed in Carter's room the last two nights. She's growing up so quickly, and I hate to think of her as being a big-girl, but I also am hopeful that this "terrible two" stage is over sooner than later! :) She loves jumping on her trampoline and we are planning to sign her up for gymnastics next year. This girl seems to have some athletic ability already...which definitely didn't come from her mom!
OTHER HAPPENINGS
-We're excited for Spring and walks to the park. We have two trips planned in the next few weeks - one to Vegas and one to the Mall of America which are giving us some fun things to look forward to.
-Although our dog, Maddie, has been giving us a hard time with so many accidents in the house, we're trying to have a more positive outlook on her. She's sticking around for awhile anyway.
-I have started taking some classes at the gym and have really loved them. It's time for this girl to get in shape...
-Brava has been going really well. I have 31 girls this semester and they all make me smile.
-Life is good. We're all healthy and happy and that's what matters!
A FEW PHOTOS
| First haircut |
| Carter's check-up |
| First night sleeping in the same room |
| Cute boy |
| Good morning! |
| Bowling |
| Mom and Dad's night out!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment