Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Break Part 2

The rest of Spring Break was spent back in Des Moines.  I was able to see lots of my girlfriends...Kelly Grabe and her boys came over on Wednesday for a play-date, I met my friend Ellie for drinks on Wednesday night, the kids and I met Alicia at the mall play place on Thursday, I got to catch up with Holly during the Michigan game at their house on Thursday night, and I met Jess for coffee before my haircut on Friday.  Cary was back at work, but the kids and I had a lot of fun meeting up with friends and just playing around the house. 

Here are just a few photos from the past few days...

Brynn and Mac Grabe playing house.  These two got along great!!  I should have taken a picture of Carter and Griffin playing Angry Birds so nicely in the living room. 

Making lemon cookies with my little sidekick.

This is how much hair I got cut off.  Strangly, you wouldn't know it to look at me!  My hair was getting so long and just sort of hanging there.  I asked Molly what she would do to it if I gave her free reign and she said "cut it into a long bob."  So that's what we did.  I lost about 6 inches off the back but I'm loving it! 

Getting "cozy" while watching The Pioneer Woman on Saturday morning with me.  This girl really really sticks by my side all day long.  She's grown up so much in the last few weeks.  The whining is so much better and the temper tantrums are nearly unexistant.  We're sure loving this sweet little girl!

Carter spends most of his free time drawing, cutting and taping things.  We love this since he didn't even know how to hold his pencil last August.  His fine motor skills have improved so much and his creativity is really starting to shine. 

Right now Carter is really into Angry Birds.  He loves to draw them, cut them out, and tape them to his bedroom walls.  His room has about 30 Angry Birds taped all around it with a big sign that says "ANGY BRDS" on his bedroom door.  Kinda trashy, but I love that he has his own special space that I'm not going to really regulate how he decorates it.  :)

On Saturday, my parents took the kids at noon so Cary and I were able to have an afternoon to ourselves.  We had lunch at Whole Foods, then went home and watched a movie, took naps, and then got dressed up to go out with Cary's coworker and her husband. Here's the only photo from the night...Cary and Tom drinking martinis.  Honestly, I think this was Cary's first martini ever and he was not a fan at all.  No matter how "dirty" it was...he said it was terrible.  He's a beer guy through and through.  :)
On Sunday, we took the kids to the St. Augustin gym to run around.  Carter practiced playing t-ball with his dad and Brynn loved tossing the bean bags around and racing her brother.  Cary also asked two of his friends to join us so they could practice for the upcoming Dowling Alumni basketball tournament.  All three guys were pretty worn-out and sweaty after 30 minutes.  Could be interesting, guys. 
And a photo from last night of Brynn loving on her dad.  She loves to give hugs and kisses...sometimes they are a little too hard, but we won't complain. 

Now, let's get rid of this snow and bring on the sunshine.  I'm ready for spring!!!

No comments: