THE HOUSE
We listed our house about three weeks ago and it sold last weekend!! :) I feel like it was such a "meant-to-be" situation. The family that bought it is wonderful...moving from Illinois with two school-aged kids. It feels good to know that a great family will be living in a house that has so many good memories for us. Everything is moving really quickly and so we may have to be out before June 10th. I'm trying not to stress too much about it, but now I need to start spending every free moment cleaning out closets, boxing up things, etc. (Not to mention being a mom and keeping my kids entertained.) It's a bit daunting. I'm so happy that summer break is only two weeks away.
As for our new house, we're moving forward with the remodel of Cary's parents' house. I'm really excited about it and can envision how it will all look in the end. We started painting the basement last weekend and stained the oak bar in a dark gel stain. For anyone looking to update oak quickly and inexpensively, check out gel stain...I'd highly recommend it. We've ordered new white trim and doors for the basement that are being delivered this week. And as if we didn't have enough pending projects, we also started assembling a playset for the backyard. The long weekend is coming at a great time and I'm hopeful that we can finish at least one of those things by next week. :)
At this point, I'm taking it all one day at a time, hoping that we'll get some dates secured on our calendar. Here are some photos that Cary has mocked-up for our fireplace and kitchen design...
THE KIDS
Tee-ball is going well and Carter is improving. He actually fielded the ball a couple of times last week and seems to be enjoying it a bit more. It is taking up more time than I'd expected though with practice on Mondays and games on Wednesdays. But he's cute as can be and never dreads going, so that's a good thing! Preschool is wrapping up and he's excited for kindergarten next year. His writing and reading are improving also and that makes him seem older.
Brynn is still our little diva. I kind of think she's just a typical girl...happy, silly and sweet one minute and then throwing a fit the next. Today she's in a great mood, so that's all that matters for now. :) She's been loving learning new songs like "This Little Light of Mine," "Zacheaus," and "Give God the Glory." All of the church songs I learned as a kid. It's funny how quickly she picks up on the words and their actions.
SUMMER PLANS
Well the move is sort of making plans uncertain, but I'm pretty sure the majority of my summer will be spent living in our new basement. I'm thankful for the big yard, the shaded lower deck, and the new playset for our entertainment. We'll have plenty of bedroom and living space, but the bar will have to be our make-shift kitchen. I see lots of grilling and crock-pot meals in our future. I'm planning to buy a pool pass and spend every afternoon there. Not to mention the library and Raccoon River Park. I'm excited for the changes and the freedom.
PHOTOS
| We love riding our bikes from our house to Menchie's for frozen yogurt. One of our favorite summer activities for sure! |
| We visited Grandpa Milo at the nursing home. He was having a great day that day and even remembered that Carter loves trains. |
| Joey and Maddox had a sleepover last weekend and all three boys slept in a tent in the basement. They're all so cute! |
| And these two girls love their babies. They're growing up too fast! |
| Carter on Kindergarten Roud-Up day |
| Finally we've been able to play in the pool! |
| Brynn's first attempt at make-up. :) |

No comments:
Post a Comment