Monday, August 17, 2015

Brynn's Day!

This summer I spent a whole day with Brynn while the other two kids stayed home with Grandma.  She was soooo excited for this day and was on a countdown for at least a week.  I let her plan all of the activities and she had a long list of things she wanted to do.  Some ideas she had were roller skating and painting on pottery, but ultimately she decided to go to the movie Inside Out, have her nails painted at a salon, go to lunch at Panera, swim at the pool, and then get ice cream.  It was such a fun day and I loved every minute with her.  Here's what I will remember:
-Brynn wanted to dress up in a fancy dress and then told me that I looked so pretty and she wished she had a dress to match mine.
-She LOVED the one-on-one attention!
-She likes pretending that she's an adult and so she loved doing grown-up girl things.
-She picked green nail polish for her fingers and toes.  And then all of the polish was off by the time we were done swimming.
-She told me that when she grows up she wants to either be a teenager or a zoo keeper.
-We had a scary situation while on the lazy river at the pool.  Brynn insisted on riding in her own tube and just as we were about to get out, she slipped into the center of her tube while the current pulled me away from her.  Luckily I yelled to the lifeguard and she pulled her right out of the tube.  Brynn now is scared of the lazy river...not that I blame her!
-I suggested that we bring ice cream back for Grandma and Carter and she did not want to at all.  This was HER day.  But when I said that Carter and I would bring some back on his day, she agreed.
-She is the sweetest thing and really, really loves her mama.  I'm so blessed to have her as my daughter and I loved having the day to focus just on her.
-Brynn is already talking about and planning our next day together.  :)




No comments: