Monday, August 17, 2015

Carter's Day!

One Friday, I spent the whole day with just Carter!  He picked the agenda for the day which included swimming at Prairie Life, playing games at Chuck E Cheese, eating lunch at NYC pizza, mini golfing, and getting ice cream.  It was honestly such a FUN day!  I loved playing with Carter and giving all of my attention to just him.  We both swam in the pool and I timed him as he swam from one side to the other and watched as he jumped in over and over again.  After warming up in the hot tub, we decided to skip the movie and instead go play at Chuck E Cheese.  I was surprised at how fun that was.  We played all sorts of games....he was actually great at skeet ball and we both liked Fruit Ninja. Then Carter requested lunch as his favorite place, NYC Pizza. We stuffed ourselves full and then enjoyed the beautiful weather while playing mini golf.  And to top off the day, we had ice cream at Menchie's.  What a perfect day with my favorite boy.  Here's what I will remember:
-Carter is so chatty, funny and full of life.  He talks non-stop and is usually giddy about whatever he's talking about.
-He was so happy to not have to share me with his sisters.  It's sad to say that usually I'm holding the baby or helping Brynn, so Carter has been forced to be independent and non-reliant on me.  I loved just doing what he wanted.
-He wanted me to watch him play every game and tell him how great he was doing! :)
-Carter didn't want to keep score in mini golf.  That is so him.  He just wants to have fun and doesn't want there to be a winner or loser.
-He asked several times if he could have a day like this with Dad.
-Ice cream was probably his favorite part.  This kid has always had a sweet tooth.
-I just love this boy.  He's funny, sweet, sensitive and kind.  I don't think he has a mean bone in his body and he is such a joy to be around.  God blessed us ten times over when he picked Carter to be our son.




No comments: