Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Pelican

For the first time, we have noticed that Carter is really afraid of something. I know it's not right for us to laugh when Carter's so obviously afraid, but that is exactly what Cary and I have been doing! Poor Carter is truly afraid of his bathtime pelican. Yep - a stuffed pelican that covers the water spout in the bathtub so he doesn't bump his head on it. Well Carter has started showing interest in touching all of the spouts and knobs in the tub, and so we pulled out this safety pelican a few nights ago. The pelican itself isn't so scary, but Cary gave it a voice...so it says things like "I'm a pelican" and "I'll get your finger." Carter stares at that thing, looks at Cary to see if it's really the pelican talking, looks back at the pelican and then starts crying. Its really funny and really cute too. Here's a picture of Carter checking it out, then one of him looking at Cary to see if it's Cary talking...not the pelican. I just love this kid...he makes me smile so much!

1 comment:

MadKanga said...

Hilarious! Now, you have to take him to the Halloween store and scare him with scary mummies. It makes Joe and I die. Joe goes around to an aisle, puts on a scary mask, comes out and freaks the boys out. They are always crawling up me, like "Get me out of here!". It's funny because they know it's Joe but can't separate the scariness. Like you, we can't help but scare them because it's too funny. I don't think the patrons in Target thought we were funny though - I think they thought we were being cruel, so make sure no one is around when you do it!