Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

Our 4th of July weekend was full of activities and also very productive! On Friday morning, Carter and I went to the zoo with Julie and Katelyn. We had a great time checking out all of the animals and ended the morning with a picnic on the lawn of the zoo. Here's what I learned from the trip:
-Always remember to bring the memory card for your camera, otherwise, you won't be able to take any pictures. :(
-Carter wants to look at each animal for about 1 minute and then is bored and ready for the next thing.
-If you're packing a picnic, it might be a good idea to pack the exact same thing for both kids. Carter and Katelyn did a good job sharing, but her lunch was much more desirable than our's!

On Saturday, we decided last minute to go to Lake Panorama. We knew it was the only day of the weekend that the weather looked nice enough to go. Joe and Holly joined us and my parents took Carter back to their place. We had a great time just riding around, having some drinks (unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy those!), visiting the tiki bar, and just chatting.



After a full afternoon in the sun, Cary and I met my parents and Carter for dinner at Prime Time. Then we went back out on the boat for fireworks. Andy, Julie, and Katelyn, Julie's parents, and Julie's sister and her boyfriend joined us too. The kids LOVED the fireworks. Carter kept jumping up and down yelling "Fi-re-works! Fi-re-works!" It was great!





On Sunday, Cary and his dad worked on Carter's big-boy room (post to follow). Then we ended the day with a BBQ at Joe and Bobbi's.
All in all, we celebrated our independence to the fullest! I love this holiday!

No comments: