Monday, August 2, 2010

Big Boy Room Revealed

Well it's taken us almost all summer (mostly because we were waiting on our back-ordered bed), but Carter's big boy room is finished! Of course I still want to hang a few more things on the walls and need to paint the closet door, but other than that, the room is ready to be used and abused by our favorite 2-year-old! We were aiming for an understated sports-themed room that could transition from a toddler to a school-aged boy. If you ask me, I think we hit the nail on the head! :)

I ordered the bed online and it is a trundle...perfect for sleepovers with his cousins! His cousin Davis has the exact same bed so we knew we'd love it! The bookcase was from World Market and matches great!


Grandma Bobbi gave Carter the bedding for Christmas. The funny part was that I had picked out a different sports-themed bedding from the same store, but Bobbi accidentally ordered this one. Turned out, I liked this one so much better and didn't want to return it! Great job, Grandma Bobbi!!!

Carter already loves the basketball hoop. So far, Katelyn, Joey and Maddox have enjoyed it too! Cary would say that the hoop is by far his favorite part of the room...and he'd want you to know that it has a break-away rim. Apparently that's really cool.

I found this huge dresser at Slumberland and so far, we've been really happy with it. It holds so much stuff and has left Carter's closet open for toys and other things. The canvas above the dresser was designed by Cary. I love it.

If you look closely, you can see that it's personalized. And Cary designed it to be a Naden Scoreboard...a company owned by his family (Grandma GG is Doris Naden Coppola). In fact, some people think that the Naden's were the first to invent the electric scoreboard.

Although the room is completed, Carter has yet to sleep in it. I'm hoping we'll make that move within the next week or so. He'd better hurry, because look what's happened to the nursery closet!!!!

No comments: