Thursday Night
Holly's sister, Heather, and I planned a party for Joe making partner at his law-firm. Since the party was at Rube's Steakhouse, we decided to go with a western theme. Heather made some adorable decorations and place cards and I made some desserts. The hands-down best part of the evening was when Joe and Holly ripped the front off the "Wanted" poster to show a poster that said "Baby Coppola due in September." Yippee!!! We can't wait to have another niece or nephew!
Friday
Since I am home on Fridays, we tend to start the morning with all of us in bed watching cartoons. Carter showed Brynn his trains and in this photo, he was giving her "Zephie," a girl train from Chuggington.
During the kids' naps on Friday afternoon, I worked on a little craft project. It was my second attempt at making hair bows for Brynn. My sister-in-law Kelly had given Brynn a flower headband for Valentine's Day and I tried to copy it. First, I cut out several circles from faux-silk material. Then, I carefully singed the edges of the circles by holding them into the flame of a candle. I stacked the circles so the largest was on bottom and the smallest on top, and then used a needle and thread to attach them. With a little hot glue, a piece of felt for the back, and some satiny elastic, the headband was complete. I made several in different colors and different embellishments. I can't wait for Brynn to try them out!
On Friday night, my parents, Andy, Julie and girls came over for dinner. Carter and Katelyn ran around the house playing swords, hide-and-seek, and all sorts of other games. They had a ball together! I can't wait for Brynn and Claire to be old enough to play together. As of now, they just stare at each other. Here's the only picture I took of the night...Dad and the little girls. Cary and Andy had fun playing college football on XBox. They were like two teenagers. All in all, a fun night!
Saturday
We had a pretty low-key day on Saturday. It started with a little pick-up game of whiffle ball at my school gym. This time Joe, Holly and the boys and Cary's parents joined us. Holly and I put Brynn in the stroller and walked laps around the gym while the boys shot hoops, played on the mats, and played with trains. We played a family game of Duck, Duck, Goose, and ended with whiffle ball. It was perfect - physical activity for all.
In the evening, we ordered pizza and snuggled on the couch as we watched a movie. A great Saturday night for sure!!!
Looking forward to another great weekend! Can't believe it's Friday again already!!!
1 comment:
You have GOT to have me over and teach me how to make the bows!!!
And let's get the kiddos together soon! Sometime after March 14th. Deal?
Post a Comment