Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

Happy Halloween! It was a weekend full of costumes and Halloween festivities. We started off with Night Eyes at the zoo with my family. It was crazy-busy and we had to park a million miles away and would have had to wait in a long line if it hadn't been for my zoo membership! Oh yeah! There were still lines upon lines once we were inside, but it wasn't so bad. The kids got lots of candy and we all had fun. I might reconsider going on a weekend next year though!



Buddy the Dinosaur, our little bumble bee, Strawberry Shortcake, a cute little strawberry
Saturday night we had Joey, Maddox and Saylor for a sleepover.  Well, Saylor got picked up before bed-time, but the boys stayed overnight.  Cary made a haunted house in our basement which was really fun.  I made swamp juice, creepy little apple smiles, and mummy dogs for dinner.  The boys mostly just played in the house, frosted pumpkin cookies, and watched a little bit of a movie.  It was only a little chaotic! :)  And lots of fun!  And I took no pictures. 

Last night was Beggar's Night so we made the rounds.  The fun started at 5:00 with stops to see Alicia, Curt and Laura, Sean and Jess, and Hedy.  Then we came back home to Trick-or-Treat with the Rose family.  And finally we ended at Bobbi and Joe's where we also got to see Kyle and Emily.  It was over 3 hours of Halloween fun.
Yesterday we made a fun purchase.  Cary had a gift card to Best Buy and so he bought the Cars 2 game for our XBox.  Carter has never had any interest in video games, which was really both good and bad.  I like that he plays lots of other things, but I also wish that he sort of knew how to play video games with other kids.  But anyway, Carter LOVES this game.  He told us that he was going to dream about driving his car.  Oh man...maybe we're creating a monster!!!  Cary also bought us the new XBox Sports game, so I predict a little virtual baseball going on in the living room tonight.  I'm sure I'll lose.  :)
Have a great week!!!! :)

No comments: