Sunday, November 27, 2011

Vegas, Baby!

Last week, Cary and I celebrated our 7th anniversary!  No 7-year-itch for us!  :)  My sweet hubby surprised me with a weekend getaway to Las Vegas.  Cary had been there in high school and I'd never been, so we were excited to get away for a few days and see what all the hype was about.  Honestly, we were borderline lame...at least we didn't do Vegas the way that I think most people do.  The latest we stayed up was 1:00am.  (Keep in mind though, that's 3:00am in Iowa and we are used to getting up before 6:00 with our little princess.  So 1:00 wasn't THAT bad...)   I didn't take my good camera with me, so the only photos we have are from my iPhone.

Friday,playing the slots.  This was honestly the only time we touched a slot machine.  I put $1.00 into the quarter machine and won $10.00.  So I played until that was gone, and that was it.  Obviously, we're not gamblers.


Before dinner on Friday night.  We had had a great day walking through the casinos, shopping, eating at an outdoor restaurant, napping, and enjoying happy hour.
Saturday morning started off with breakfast at the Belagio and parking ourselves in front of a TV for the Michigan football game.  Cary put some money on the game and was happy to win!  I watched the first quarter and then headed down the strip to do a little shopping.  Can we say Zara and the largest Forever 21???  So fun!


This was after the ice bar (where everything: glasses, bar, chairs, etc. are made of ice) and before the roller coaster at New York, New York.
My view most of the weekend! ;)
Before the Katy Perry concert.  Such an awesome concert....although, I have to admit that we were wearing down by the time the concert was done.  We only got about 4 hours of sleep that night.  But it was good to get home and see our favorite little people.

No comments: