Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Cary!

Yesterday was Cary's 31st birthday! I love celebrating with our little family and trying to make each of these milestones special.  I think birthdays are a big deal, and I think my hubby is an awesome dad and husband, and I know that he has worked so hard lately... so I wanted to make sure he felt some extra love from us last night. 

Unfortunately, the evening didn't start off so special.  Carter must have been really tired because he was super-whiney and kept getting into trouble.  He almost got sent to bed at 6:30 even (thus the pajamas in the pictures).  Luckily, he pulled it together and we were able to show Cary some love. 
Cary requested a carmel butterfinger cake, so I made that and the kids stuck in a bunch of candles. 
I know it's not her birthday, but this photo was just too cute not to post!

The kids helped Cary open his presents.  I had taken them to the dollar store earlier in the week and so they both picked out something "for Daddy." 
Brynn picked out a "princess puzzle" that she and Dad could put together.
And Carter picked out a package of two airplanes that they could fly together.  Carter made sure that we all knew his was the red one. 

And I gave him cologne and a new sweater.  LOVE that Carter took this photo! 

Happy Birthday to the best husband, father and friend a girl could ask for.  He knows how to make our life fun, filled with love, and easy.  I'm so blessed to get to raise my family with this guy by my side!  :)

No comments: