Visiting Santa
We found Santa at Jordan Creek Mall a couple of weeks ago. I had to prep Brynn by saying that Santa is sort of like Papa. She was pretty timid at first, but warmed up quickly. Carter wasn't afraid at all...jumped right up on Santa's lap and started talking. Carter's wish list included a ship, a lifeboat, an island for his ships, and "just surprise me." Brynn just asked for nina's (dolls). We already have more than 10 dolls around our house, but she is so excited every time she gets a new one!
Brava Christmas Performance
Last Thursday was the final performance for my fall semester of Brava. I had 30 girls who were full of energy and sang and danced their little hearts out. Two weeks before the final show we got moved from the church to the Discipleship Center due to a scheudling conflict. This caused a little bit of panic and a lot of last-minute changes, but the girls did great. I was so proud of all of them and am excited that many of them will be returning to Brava for the spring semester.
After both shows were over and Cary, Kyle and I were cleaning up, Carter and Brynn grabbed the mics and started singing "Jesus Loves Me." I'm so glad I caught this on video...I don't want these two to grow up.
Baby Nina's Baby Shower
On Saturday, Holly and I hosted a baby shower for Kelly and Nina at Holly's house. There was a great turn-out of people and Kelly got lots of pink things! :) It was fun to have all three of the Coppola little girls there too...and not surprisingly, some of the only pictures I took were of the littlest ones. I just know that these three beauties are going to love being so close in age with those 5 older boys to team-up against. :)
| Nina, Brynn, & Saylor |
With Kelly and Tony's family in town, we decided to celebrate Christmas a little early. This works out best for Cary's immediate family...especially since we all have so many places to go and people to see the week of Christmas. It was a great night with pasta for dinner, a living room full of presents, and a house full boasting with a big, fun, happy family. I feel so blessed to be married into this great family and feel so close to each one of them!
| The boys sang some Christmas songs for us!!! Carter, Davis, Bennett, Joey, and Maddox |
| Carter sang two songs all by himself - "Away in the Manger" and one from preschool |
| Could it be????? |
| Look, guys, a pirate ship!!! |
| I LOVE IT! |
| This was Brynn's reaction to seeing that she got a new doll. :) |
The weeks ahead are full of so much and I am already excited to see all of our extended families and just get to spend quality time with people who mean so much to us. I'm so grateful to get to experience Christmas through the eyes of my kids. They love looking for our elf each morning, they can't wait to open their presents under the tree, they love our drives around the town looking at Christmas lights, and they love singing "Silent Night" before bed each night. It's been a rough week in America after the tragedy in Connecticut, and it makes me love these two babies even more...if that's even possible. I'm so happy to be living the life I used to dream about, with this great husband and two kids that keep us busy, but full of love. I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment