I was lying in bed thinking about being pregnant the other night and thought that I should document two different things. First, what I love about being pregnant and what I don't want to forget years down the road when this whole pregnancy thing was just an old memory. Second, why I won't miss being pregnant, just in case I second-guess the whole thing and try to convince my hubby to have just one more. :)
WHAT I LOVE:
-Feeling the baby move
-Starting to show a little belly
-Having people ask about when I'm due and whether I know the gender
-Having ultrasounds
-The one or two positive side effects
-The excitement of new life, the unknown and big changes
-Finding the perfect name
-Decorating a nursery
-The days in the hospital following the birth. Specifically, the natural high that comes from this new family member, the instant and overwhelming love, the bond it creates between Cary and I, and the love and support from family and friends.
WHAT I WON'T MISS:
-Maternity clothes...I'm so over them already
-Annoying side effects: tiredness, crazy hormones, eye/contact issues, itchy skin and scalp, cravings, being too hungry or too full, heartburn
-Morning sickness!!!
-Not being able to drink caffeinated coffee AND pop both in the same day
-Not being able to drink alcohol...ever
-Not being able to go in a hot tub or take a hot bath
-Worrying about eating lunch meat or soft-serve ice cream or certain cheeses
-The changes to my body...and thinking about how hard it will be afterwards
-The constant worrying about when the baby last moved or if something is wrong
-Worrying about delivery...when and where will I be?
-Worrying about not sleeping afterwards
-Worrying about how a new life will change our family...what will the kids think? how will our marriage change? what will the baby's personality be like?
I can easily say that I am "over" being pregnant and that I really don't feel the need to be pregnant ever again. It's not terrible, it's just tiring and emotional and throws everything out of whack. I'm really starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel as we now have less than 12 weeks left! :)
And here are the only belly photos I've taken... Kinda sad that the first photos are at 27 weeks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment