First, Dad pulled out these cool sconce-things that he made into two little shelves for me. All I have to do is paint them black, hang them on the wall, and put a pillar candle or small frame on top. I'll post pictures when I finish them!
Then he cut some more wood blocks for me and Cary sanded them all. I PROMISE I won't go overboard on these lettered wooden blocks, but I keep thinking of things I want them to say. So I now have a bag full of them!
And then I remembered a project I'd seen from Thrifty Decor Chick and this was the perfect project for the afternoon! It was something I could have never made on my own and my dad was willing to make whatever I requested...within reason, of course. So I drew a picture and described it the best I could....and he cut pieces of trim...and glued pieces together...and used the table saw....and used another table saw....and put some nails in it....and after 10 minutes, it was finished! Exactly what I had in mind! With a little black paint, this was going to be my new centerpiece base for my dining room table.
Here are some photos from the day. Serious action shots of my dad. And yes...I know the picture with me in it is extremely weird. My dad's face looks funny and he's blowing my hair with the air compressor. And my eyes are closed. But this was the only photo I had with all of my new loot!!
3 comments:
Seriously girl...you gotta go into interior decorating. I would totally hire you to help me with my house!! You can totally rock a room with just the stuff you have!!
Love it!!
Nope. There is nothing that black paint cannot fix. I also love black paint. And now I think I love your dad too =) I'll be over with my list of projects.
I forgot to tell you how much I loved your stuff at your jewelery party! GREAT work, Bill. He should like go into building houses or something.
Post a Comment