Happy Monday! It was nice to finally have some half-way warm weather this weekend. On Friday I tried to do a little photo-shoot with my munchkins. In the past, I've actually had way more luck with taking photos on my own rather than paying for professionals. I was more likely to get a real smile from Carter while just taking pictures of him at the park than I was in a 30 minute session in a photography studio. But I quickly learned that it's not so easy with two kids. Here's what I got...
Spring photo shoot attempt #1 = Fail
Maybe I should reconsider and pay a professional! :)
On Friday night we spent Carter's Toys R Us gift card (a birthday present from my parents) on a new bike. He didn't seem too interested in buying a bike, but we really didn't give him a choice ! :) So he picked out a blue "race car bike." Cary put it together on Saturday and in no time, Carter was off and driving! It seems really big for him, but he's picked up on it pretty quickly. Of course, Cary doesn't really leave his side yet, but he's learning! And yes, don't worry, we do have a helmet! In these pictures, he just wasn't driving on his own, so there was no way he was going to fall! He's got the pedalling and braking down. His steering is improving. Now he just needs to work on getting started, especially when going up a hill. Once he rode it a few times, he begged to ride his bike all weekend. He even cried when he had to get off to eat lunch. I. love. it. :)
On Saturday we went to my grandma Phyllis's house at Lake Panorama for a May Day/Easter/Mother's Day get-together. Brynn didn't nap much during the day, so by 5:00 she was a CRAB. She cried almost the whole time we were there. And of course, she passed out the minute we got in the car to drive home. She didn't leave the best impression, I'm sure. But Carter had fun! He played in the sand, hunted Easter eggs, played with his cousins, and ate homemade ice cream. And he's still talking about Jenna. Oh Carter and his love of girls. It's starting already.
Yesterday Cary did a ton of yard work. Doesn't it look nice?
And we took the kids to Raccoon River Park for a bike ride. It was fun, although I dropped my iPhone and cracked the screen. Ugh.
And then we went to Cary's parents' house so Carter could show off his new set of wheels. We had burgers and brats and watched Brynn roll around on the ground. What a fun weekend. Why do they go by so fast???
1 comment:
what???no recipe?????
Post a Comment