It's hard to believe that our little boy started kindergarten this year. I hate to say that I really didn't feel the sadness that I think a lot of moms feel when they send their children off to school. But I have a great situation with Carter right down the hall from me at school. I get to see him several times a day, I will teach in his classroom once a week, and his teachers are two of my good friends. So having him in school full-time was kind of exciting. Plus, he was getting bored at home and he and Brynn had had a bit too much togetherness this summer. It was time for school to start. :)
Over the past week and a half of school we've learned that he needs to go to bed earlier...like by 7:00. It's crazy-early and Cary hates that it cuts into his time with Carter, but he's a much happier kid when he's well-rested. And I was embarrassed as I watched him walk down the hallway yawning and telling his teachers that he was "too tired to walk." Oh boy. After talking with his teachers (without trying to pry too much as I am now serving a dual role as their friend/students' mom), it sounds like he's not really out of his shell yet. He's pretty quiet at school....completely opposite of how he is at home. I think he's actually in la-la-land half of the time, but honestly, that's our Carter. :) So far he's been on "green" every day, which means that he hasn't done anything too naughty. He plays with Blake at recess, a friend from preschool, and his favorite part of day is rest time. Lunch has been a bit of a struggle because he says he doesn't like hot lunch and we're trying to not start a packed lunch routine quite yet. Other than that, its going just fine. I'm sure he'll settle right in and feel more like himself at school as the weeks go by. And I have a front-row seat so stay tuned. :)
 |
| Scrambled eggs for breakfast on the first day...eaten off of Cary's plate he made in kindergarten |
.JPG) |
| It's still cool to have your mom work at school. ;) |
.JPG) |
| Carter with his teachers, Mrs. Gleichman and Mrs. Laird |
 |
| His morning class...there are twice this many kids in the afternoon. |
.JPG) |
| Carter fell asleep in my office after school last week. He ended up having a fever too, but just another example of why this kid really needs to get his sleep. |
And in other news....
We have two new members of our family, Carter and Brynn's new fish. Introducing:
.JPG) |
| Rosie |
.JPG) |
| and Cruiser. |
The kids are in love with their new pets.
No comments:
Post a Comment