For the next hour and a half, we consistently sat on the potty every 15 minutes. Carter only peed once or twice, but his undies stayed dry. At 11:00, he still was wearing the same pair of undies that we'd put on about 8:15. Looking outside and seeing the sun staring me in the face, I decided to break our "no leaving the house" rule. I just couldn't pass up a beautiful day, so we put on a swim diaper and headed to the pool. I have no doubt that Carter peed in his swim diaper, but I'd never really know since it was wet from the pool. When we got home shortly before 1:00, I took him to the bathroom immediately and he peed right away. We had lunch and then a few minutes later he told me that he needed to go potty, and so he did. Again, successful. At his 2:00 naptime, I told him that we needed to put on his diaper and he whined a little. He said that he likes his big boy undies.
After naptime, we put his big boy undies back on and he kept them dry for the next hour. The only true accident of the day happened when he and Cary were playing hide-and-seek. Carter hid in the closet and when Cary found him, there was a pile of pee by him. Other than that, he was really good about going potty nearly every time he sat down on it.
At this point, our biggest problems are going to be going #2 on the potty, learning to pull down and pull up his own pants, and eventually transitioning from the little potty to the big one.
Final Score of Day 2: 13 successful pees in the potty vs. 3 wet undies
No comments:
Post a Comment