We all know that kids look forward to summer break, but did you know how much teachers look forward to it? This past week, just a few days after school let out, I took a mini-road trip with 7 other teachers from my school in celebration of the end of the school year. We ranged in age from 57 to 28 and boy did we have a great time!
Although our trip lasted only a little over 24 hours, we packed our day full of fun! We drove to Minneapolis, ate a quick lunch, shopped at the Lakeshore store, went to Ikea (a first for one of the group!), checked into the hotel, walked around the Mall of America, had drinks at the hotel, went to dinner, shopped a little more, stayed up chatting and playing "Would you Rather," got a few hours of sleep, ate a big breakfast, and headed home again.
Here's what I love about these ladies:
-I love that we laugh so hard when we're together and act like we're 16 years old...telling naughty jokes and being a little inappropriate by teacher's standards.
-I love that even though we are so spread out in age, we can have so much fun together and find so many things in common.
-I love that some of them have daughters my age and relate to me in that way, while others are just my age and have lots of friend-connections with me.
-I love that we all get to work together every day. Without this group of girls, life at work would be so dull!
Thanks, girls, for such a fun little getaway! Where to next year???
No comments:
Post a Comment