It's been 9 days since we started potty training and I have to say that Carter is doing really well. He hasn't had a potty accident since last Tuesday and very rarely needs reminded to go. This past week he has told me (or whoever is with him) that he needs to go potty at the pool, movie theater, Farmer's Market, Dowling baseball game, Lake Panorama, park, Hedy's and Target. Every time he's been able to hold it until we find a bathroom (or bush) for him to pee on. That's the good news....
The bad news is that he has yet to poop on the potty (minus one incident with the tiniest poop you've ever seen). Ugh...this is getting frustrating. He seems to time it perfectly with nap-time so he has a diaper on and just poops then. One day I spent a good hour trying to catch him in the act, eventually taking off his pants and undies, moving his potty to the living room, bribing him like crazy, literally holding him down on the potty, only to put back on his pants and know that I failed terribly. I do think we're making some progress though, since in the last day he has actually sat on the potty and tried to go several times, which is a big step. And whenever he does dirty his diaper or undies, he asks me to change him immedately. I'm couting that as a small step to success. Luckily, there's no time limit here and I feel like he's done so well, so I'm keeping my head up and hoping that soon enough he'll decide that he wants that new train so bad that it's worth a poop on the potty. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment