After mass, Kyle came back to our place. He said that his Christmas Eve plans included a drive through McDonalds and some video games. Sad. So we were happy to have him spend the evening with us! I made a pork loin for dinner, we opened a bottle of wine, and turned on the Alabama Christmas CD. It was perfect! Bobbi and Joe also stopped by for a bit. Once we put Carter to bed, Kyle helped us with our Santa duties. He, Cary and I assembled Carter's new racetrack. He also took a huge bite out of Santa's cookie and nibbled on the reindeers' carrots. The three of us watched the movie Elf and we called it a night around 10:00. It sure wasn't what we'd planned, but we had a really nice night together. 

Monday, December 28, 2009
Christmas #6 - Christmas Eve
Well Christmas Eve wasn't at all what we had planned, but it turned out to be a great night at our house! Cary, Carter and I decided to go to St. Francis for 5:00 mass. When we walked in the church was absolutely packed. The usher pointed us to the far left side of the santuary and said that there were a few seats open over there. So we made our way through the crowd, saw my principal and her daughter, and then turned around and saw Kyle walking behind us. So weird. Then Kyle pointed to the four empty seats and who was sitting directly in front of them? Bobbi, Joe and Grandma Doris. I thought it was all a crazy coincidence, but I had mentioned to Cary's mom that we were going to that service, and so they decided to go also, arrived early and saved some seats by them. It was a great surprise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment