Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas #7- Christmas Morning

Carter woke up around 8:00 on Christmas morning and he came downstairs to find a new Cars racetrack from Santa! It took a little while for him to figure out how it worked, but as soon as he got the hang of it, he was in love! In Carter's stocking he found a Sally car from the movie Cars, some socks, some books, and M&M's. Cary stuffed my stocking with a cute t-shirt and two new pairs of earrings. In his stocking, Cary had some socks, candy, and an iTunes gift card. As Carter played with his racetrack, I made a cherry filled braid. (By "made" I should say that I took it out of the box and put it in the oven to bake.) Cary had requested it and it just screamed "Christmas morning" to me! After breakfast, we moved on to our other gifts. Carter remembered that he had a new train track downstairs, so he played with that while Cary and I opened our presents. He gave me lots of cool clothes - a cute white coat, a cream-colored sweater dress, and 4 shirts! I gave him a new pair of jeans, cologne, two shirts, dress shoes, and a new electric razor. Then it was Carter's turn to open his presents. It took awhile to get him interested in opening MORE presents, but he was happy to find a tub of Legos, a Tag Jr. reading set, and a sea plane. All of which have been kindly bypassed for the train track and race track. No surprise there.
Before we knew it, it was almost 10:00 and time for us to start getting ready for Christmas dinner at Cary's aunt and uncle's house. 7 Christmases down, only 2 more to go!

No comments: